Thursday, April 17, 2008

Buffalo Bills: Welcome to Toronto

Sorry Buffalo, but get used to this. The Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999, and they don't appear headed there next year. One place they are headed, however, is north of the border. Toronto's Rogers Centre will be hosting the first regular-season NFL game played in Canada on December 7 when the Miami Dolphins visit the Bills. Tickets will be anywhere in the $200 range on average, something absurd for Bills fans. But Toronto is a top-notch city (I should know, I live there), and the high price is nothing to be shocked about. Worse yet for Bills fans, who should be used to heartbreak by now, is that the home game they are losing is against arguably their biggest divisional rival.

I think it's great that Ralph Wilson is trying to dip into the Canadian market; Toronto is only 90 miles from Buffalo and there are plenty of Bills fans in the area. I don't even need to mention that the Rogers Centre is a much nicer place to watch a game than Ralph Wilson Stadium, perhaps the biggest dump in all of football.

I am not insinuating that the Bills should move to Toronto permanently, but playing once a year in Toronto is a great idea. Bills fans should embrace the idea considering their luck here can't be much worse than it has been of late in Western New York.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw your plea to get more traffic to your blog on bloggertalk.net. I am not into sports but thought I'd leave a comment because I remember when I got my first comment (that wasn't from a family member) I was SO excited. Good luck with your blog. My best advice is to visit other sports blogs and post your comments on theirs, then other bloggers will link back to you. That is how I have discovered a lot of new blogs myself! Good Luck and keep trying!