Friday, October 17, 2008

Boston-hater haters rejoice, and attack yours truly

I deserve it. All my Boston-bashing has come back to bite me yet again, as your beloved Red Sox have completed another amazing comeback en route to a World Series title. I was left speechless, even a tad bit queasy. I knew subconsciously it was possible, but I couldn’t grasp it as reality. Until it actually happened, that is.
J.D. Drew, the great one, a hero yet again. A team with no business being in the playoffs succumbing to Fenway magic. It was bound to happen. So let’s give credit where credit is due, wherever credit is due. Perhaps it is time for me to stop fighting it and instead embrace it as cold-hard fact. After all, I have long-searched for happiness in sports. My Orioles have been in the toilet for years, and the Ravens’ best years are long behind them.
The Patriots are hurting this year, and the Bruins aren’t exactly the cream of the crop, but no worries. The Red Sox and Celtics are not only picking up the slack, they’re capturing hearts and places in history with each passing day.
I avow you this right now. If miraculously, somehow, the Red Sox don’t win these last 2 ALCS games behind Josh Beckett and Jon Lester, I will not bash Boston and say “Just kidding!” about this recent rant. Rather, I will simply express pure shock that this unimaginable comeback didn’t lead to a third world title in five years for the Nation. That a team winning solely with momentum and confidence, and not sheer talent, is in the World Series instead of the best team baseball has seen in years.
The two aces are still left to go for Boston, and I would really be surprised if a Boston fan told me he/she was concerned about their team’s chances at this point. Even down 3-2, how could you be worried? Tampa Bay will help your team out even if they are not doing enough themselves to get by.
I’m not a rocket scientist, nor do I claim to be one. But I envision a bounce-back start from Beckett, followed by a classic dominant performance by Lester in Game 7 so send Beantown into yet another frenzy.
Red Sox Nation, start preparing for the victory parade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a bad year for boston, so what if we lost, we know we will win it again one of the next two years